Monday, April 19, 2010

Diary Entry 1984. Julia


November 24, 1984
I’ve seen Winston around and I was thinking about following him so I could talk to him and tell him my feelings towards him but that seemed too suspicious. I’ll just probably give him a note tomorrow.
November 25, 1984
I gave Winston the note that said that I love him. At first I was not sure if I should give it to him or tell him in person but if I would have told him in person I didn’t want us to get caught or his reaction might have made it obvious and we would have been caught by the thought police. Instead I gave it to him in the office, I pretended to fall and he came to help pick me up and I slipped it on his hand, that was a good way to dissimulate things. I would like to know what his reaction was when he read the note. I’ll just see what happens tomorrow

November 26, 1984
Today Me and Winston had lunch together, he acted different though well at least not how I would have expected. He didn’t look at me and talked in low whisper. It was very quick and didn’t have a chance to talk all that well, he seemed kind of scared and uncomfortable maybe because we were in the ministry that’s why we planned to meet at Victoria square the next day.
November 27, 1984
Today there was a o of people at Victoria square and we had to pretend like we didn’t know each other like every time we’re in public. Then I took him to the forest hide out, he seemed kind of nervous at first but it looked like he was enjoying it. Then in the afternoon towards night I left first. I didn’t really notice how much time after he left . I had a good time with him. I only wish I could figure out if he does really like me or if he’s only with me as a rebellion act towards the party. There is always the fear of getting caught but ive done this so many times that, its nothing to me and i think thats what Winston likes most about me that ive been going against the party for such a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment